Sunday, October 5, 2014

COUNTING HORSES

 Counting Horses is the name of a book that I have written.  It's also the name of a CD that I wrote and performed.  You can learn more about both by going to my website, counting horses.com.  It was a concept project designed to inform people about the horrors of abuse. It's my story. The book is difficult to read since it speaks of man's inhumanity to children. The music is a little softer but still address the same subject.  Both the book and the CD are basically divided into three parts. The first part talks about the abuse, second, the consequences and third a message of healing.  Why did I take on the project? That's a good question. The answer in part is that I needed to do it for my own healing.  A close second was to let people know that they're not alone if similar things have happened to them.I feel the definition of loneliness is not the absence of people but the absence of understanding.  When we connect with someone through understanding we can influence them for good. This is my desire.  A great deal of healing is taking place in my life though I'm  still not completely whole.  This will probably be a lifelong journey.  My message: if I can do it so can you.  I am sorry if similar things have happened in your own life. I pray that you're getting the help you need.I hope my book and music can assist you on your journey.  I'm willing to do whatever I can for any of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment